University of Michigan Compliance Hotline

For reporting financial, regulatory, NCAA, substance abuse and patient safety issues

Other ways to make a report


If you have questions or concerns about compliance, you should generally speak with your supervisor or unit manager first. They need to know about issues that arise in the area under their management, and will also be in the best position to help you resolve the concern at a local level.

If you don't feel comfortable raising a concern with your supervisor or manager (or if your concern relates to them), there are several ways you could choose to report your concern:

  1. Report the issue to your supervisor/manager's direct manager.
  2. Report the issue through the U-M Compliance Hotline.
  3. Report the issue through one of these specialized reporting mechanisms at U-M.
  4. Report the issue to a compliance specialist who works in the area relevant to your concern—you can find links to compliance specialists across U-M through the Compliance Resource Center.

If you are not sure how to report a concern, or are not sure if a concern is worth reporting, you may discuss it with U-M's Compliance Coordinator, who can offer guidance as to the most appropriate reporting mechanism. Remember, even minor concerns are worth discussing—only through open discussion can we improve our way of doing things and ensure we meet our compliance obligations.

If you require emergency assistance, or believe a crime is in progress, CALL 911. Although every issue reported through the hotline is treated seriously, you should not use it to report emergency situations requiring immediate attention.




Call 1-866-990-0111 to speak to a specialist or

Click here to submit a report online